Real Estate Tips:
Keep in mind that there are investment opportunities past just traditional stocks and bonds. Commodities are an asset class with both risks and rewards but can provide hedges against inflation. Also look at real estate income trusts to invest into the real estate market without being tied to individual pieces of property. Make sure that any money you invest is done so with a specific goal in mind. If you just want to preserve capital and beat inflation a little, stick with money markets and bonds. If you are saving for retirement far in advance, look for growth stocks. If you want income streams, look for dividend stocks and real estate income trusts.
3 Popular Attractions In California
- Santa Monica Pier: Recreational and entertainment center in Santa Monica, California.
- Sequoia National Park: National park in the southern Sierra Nevada region in California.
- Pacific Park, on the venerable Santa Monica Pier, re-creates the amusement parks once dotting the ocean areas along the Pacific Coast. Featured are 11 amusement rides including the 1910-vintage hand-carved merry-go-round appearing in the movie “The Sting.”
- Inyo National Forest is home to the bristle cone pine, the oldest living species. Some of the gnarled trees are thought to be over 4,600 years old.
- San Fernando Valley and Hollywood tried to secede from Los Angeles in 2002.
- San Francisco – the Historic City.
|CA rank||U.S. rank||Combined statistical area||2020 census||2010 census||Change||Counties|
|1||2||Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA Combined Statistical Area||18,644,680||17,877,006||+4.29%||Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura|
|2||4||San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA Combined Statistical Area||9,714,023||8,923,942||+8.85%||Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Merced, Napa, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus|
|3||23||Sacramento-Roseville, CA Combined Statistical Area||2,680,831||2,414,783||+11.02%||El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, Yolo, Yuba|
|4||45||Fresno-Madera, CA Combined Statistical Area||1,317,395||1,234,297||+6.73%||Fresno, Kings, Madera|
|5||125||Redding-Red Bluff, CA Combined Statistical Area||247,984||240,686||+3.03%||Shasta, Tehama|
California has so many amazing places to explore, so I wanted to spotlight 30 great spots that you could visit in 2019. Let me know how many of these you have been to in the comments and if you have additional suggestions of what to see in California.
Read more about all of these spots below or at https://californiathroughmylens.com/30-places-to-visit-in-california-in-2019/
1. Visit Yosemite Valley – https://californiathroughmylens.com/yosemite-national-park-guide
2. Road trip Big Sur – https://californiathroughmylens.com/big-sur-attractions
3. Lava Beds National Monument – https://californiathroughmylens.com/lava-beds-guide
4. Take the boat to the Channel Islands – https://californiathroughmylens.com/channel-islands-national-park/
5. Visit the California Railroad Museum – https://californiathroughmylens.com/state-railroad-museum
6. Hike to Hollywood Sign – https://californiathroughmylens.com/hiking-hollywood-sign-wisdom-tree
7. Watch the sunrise over Emerald Bay – https://californiathroughmylens.com/emerald-bay-state-park
8. Explore Angels Island – https://californiathroughmylens.com/angel-island-state-park-hiking-the-perimeter-trail/
9. See the stars at Griffith Observatory – https://californiathroughmylens.com/griffith-observatory-stargazing-la-skyline
10. Marvel at Burney Falls – https://californiathroughmylens.com/mcarthur-burney-waterfall-northern-california
11. Hike the Rubicon Trail in Lake Tahoe – https://californiathroughmylens.com/rubicon-trail/
12. Visit the ghost town of Bodie – https://californiathroughmylens.com/bodie-ghost-town
13. Kayak in the La Jolla Cove – https://californiathroughmylens.com/kayking-la-jolla-everyday-california/
14. Photograph the sunset over the Golden Gate Bridge – https://californiathroughmylens.com/marshalls-beach
15. Spend a day with the statues of Anza Borrego – https://californiathroughmylens.com/anza-borrego-sculptures
16. Wander through Monterey Aquarium – https://californiathroughmylens.com/monterey-bay-aquarium
17. Drive on the sand in Pismo Beach – https://californiathroughmylens.com/driving-on-sand-pismo-beach
18. Stroll the Venice Canals – https://californiathroughmylens.com/venice-canals-near-venice-beach
19. Road trip to Salvation Mountain – https://californiathroughmylens.com/2011/08/salvation-mountain-photos-and-stories-from-a-truly-unique-mountain/
20. Wine taste in Sonoma – https://californiathroughmylens.com/sonoma-guide
21. Experience Badwater Basin – https://californiathroughmylens.com/2011/12/badwater-basin-death-valley-lowest-poin/
22. Tour Hearst Castle – https://californiathroughmylens.com/hearst-castle
23. Walk along the beach at Torrey Pines – https://californiathroughmylens.com/2011/09/torrey-pines-state-reserve-hiking/
24. Ride a cable car – https://californiathroughmylens.com/san-francisco-cable-cars/
25. Tour the Broad Museum – https://californiathroughmylens.com/broad-museum-la
26. Experience sunset in Joshua Tree National Park – https://californiathroughmylens.com/joshua-tree-national-park-guide
27. Stare up at the Redwoods – https://californiathroughmylens.com/best-redwood-groves-hikes
28. Hang out with the elephant seals – https://californiathroughmylens.com/2011/07/elephant-seals-of-san-simeon/
29. Explore the museums of Balboa Park – https://californiathroughmylens.com/balboa-park-guide
30. Ride the Palm Springs Tram – https://californiathroughmylens.com/things-to-do-in-palm-springs/
Monthly newsletter and four day welcome series on California’s best spots: https://bit.ly/2AWSVMK
See all the gear I use here https://www.amazon.com/shop/californiathroughmylens