Real Estate Tips:
Keep in mind that there are investment opportunities past just traditional stocks and bonds. Commodities are an asset class with both risks and rewards but can provide hedges against inflation. Also look at real estate income trusts to invest into the real estate market without being tied to individual pieces of property. Investing in real estate is one way to earn a return on your money as long as you choose your property wisely and purchase at a fair price. You can purchase a home and sell it when it increases in value. You can also purchase rental properties that provide you with an income, although you must deal with the headaches of being a landlord. Investing in real estate investment trusts (REITs) is another way to invest in real estate without having to actually own a physical property.
3 Popular Attractions In Illinois
- Navy Pier: Museum and entertainment district in Chicago, Illinois.
- Cloud Gate: Sculpture in Chicago, Illinois.
- Des Plaines is home to the first McDonald’s.
- The abbreviation “ORD” for Chicago’s O’Hare airport comes from the original name Orchard Field. O’Hare Airport was named in honor of Lieutenant Commander Edward H. “Butch” O’Hare.
- TheFerris wheelwas invented in Chicago 1893 for presentation atthe World's Columbia Exposition.
- The nickname””The Windy City””does not come from the cool gusts of air blowing off Lake Michigan. The name actually originates from the 1870's article referring to the city's politicians being “”full of hot air”” due to their boastful manners.”
|City of Chicago|
|Etymology: Miami-Illinois: shikaakwa (‘wild onion‘ or ‘wild garlic')|
Latin: Urbs in Horto (City in a Garden); I Will
|Incorporated (town)||August12, 1833|
|Incorporated (city)||March4, 1837|
|Founded by||Jean Baptiste Point du Sable|
|•Body||Chicago City Council|
|•Mayor||Lori Lightfoot (D)|
|•City Clerk||Anna Valencia (D)|
|•City Treasurer||Melissa Conyears-Ervin (D)|
– near Blue Island
– at Lake Michigan
|Time zone||UTC−06:00 (Central)|
|•Summer (DST)||UTC−05:00 (Central)|
|ZIP code prefixes||
606xx, 607xx, 608xx
|Area codes||312, 773, and 872|
|GNIS feature ID||0428803|
This is the first of a series of mini-attractions across Illinois. The bigger ones will still be on this list as well.