Real Estate Tips:
Make sure that any money you invest is done so with a specific goal in mind. If you just want to preserve capital and beat inflation a little, stick with money markets and bonds. If you are saving for retirement far in advance, look for growth stocks. If you want income streams, look for dividend stocks and real estate income trusts. Diversify your portfolio as much as possible. You do not want to have all of your investment funds in only one type of investment. Spread them out over stocks, real estate, and other investments in order to protect yourself should something bad happen in one area of the investment market.
3 Popular Attractions In Mississippi
- Ship Island: Islands off the Gulf Coast of Mississippi.
- Geyser Falls Water Theme Park: Water park in Pearl River, Mississippi.
- The first female rural mail carrier in the United States was Mrs. Mamie Thomas. She delivered mail by buggy to the area southeast of Vicksburg in 1914.
- Burnita Shelton Mathews of Hazelhurst was the first woman federal judge in the United States and served in Washington, the District of Columbia.
- At Vicksburg, the United States Army Corps of Engineers Waterways Experiment Station is the world’s largest hydraulic research laboratory.
- While on a hunting expedition near Onward in November of 1902, President Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt refused to shoot a bear that had been surrounded. This event inspired a Brooklyn candy shop owner to create a stuffed “Teddy's Bear.” Teddy bears soon became a favorite toy all over the world.
Mississippi is a state in the Southern United States, with part of its southern border formed by the Gulf of Mexico. Its western border is formed by the Mississippi River. Located in the center of the state, Jackson is the state capital and largest city, with a population of approximately 175,000 people.