Real Estate Tips:
Make sure that any money you invest is done so with a specific goal in mind. If you just want to preserve capital and beat inflation a little, stick with money markets and bonds. If you are saving for retirement far in advance, look for growth stocks. If you want income streams, look for dividend stocks and real estate income trusts. One way to diversify your investment portfolio is through real estate. Although real estate might not have the glitz stock market investing, it is usually a solid core investment part of a portfolio. Often, real estate will hold its value when the market takes a downward turn, thereby; buffering any market loss.
3 Popular Attractions In North Dakota
- Fort Mandan – Lewis and Clark Interpretative Center: Historical landmark in Washburn, North Dakota.
- SuperSlide Amusement Park: Amusement park in Bismarck, North Dakota.
North Dakota Facts
- Milk is the official state beverage.
- President Theodore Roosevelt first came to Dakota Territory in September 1883 to hunt bison. Before returning home to New York, he became interested in the cattle business and established the Maltese Cross Ranch and the Elkhorn Ranch.
- A 12-foot-high bronze statue of Sakakawea and her baby son Baptiste stands at the entrance to the North Dakota Heritage Center on the state capitol grounds in Bismarck. The statue, by Chicago artist Leonard Crunelle, depicts Sakakawea with her baby strapped to her back and looking westward toward the country she helped to open.
- The world’s largest hamburger was eaten in Rutland, North Dakota, in 1982. It weighed 3,591 pounds and more than 8,000 people were invited to the meal.
|Location||July (°F)||July (°C)||January (°F)||January (°C)|
|2011 rank in the U.S||Commodity||Percent of nation's production|
|1||Beans, dry edible, all||25%|
|3||Peas, dry edible||21%|
|12||Corn for grain||2%|
|21||Sheep and lambs||1%|
|17||Cattle and calves||2%|
Things to Do in Medora, North Dakota: Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Medora Musical, Badlands Overlook, Chateau de Mores, North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame, Old Town Hall Theater, Bully Pulpit Golf Course, Medora Visitor Center, Ferris General Store, Medora Riding Stables, Harold Schafer Heritage Center, Billings County Court House Museum