Real Estate Tips:
Sometimes the best investment is your own venture. If you are not comfortable with the world of finance and big spenders, then invest in something like real estate that you can improve and resell. This is especially wise if you have skills that are needed to improve a property to increase it's resale value. Make sure that any money you invest is done so with a specific goal in mind. If you just want to preserve capital and beat inflation a little, stick with money markets and bonds. If you are saving for retirement far in advance, look for growth stocks. If you want income streams, look for dividend stocks and real estate income trusts.
3 Popular Attractions In North Dakota
- Plains Art Museum: Art museum in Fargo, North Dakota.
- North Dakota Heritage Center: Museum in Bismarck, North Dakota.
North Dakota Facts
- An attempt to drop the word North from the state name was defeated by the 1947 Legislative Assembly. Again in 1989 the Legislature rejected two resolutions intended to rename the state Dakota.
- Sitting Bull Burial State Historic Site located on the western edge of Fort Yates marks the original grave of the Hunkpapa Sioux leader. During the Ghost Dance unrest of 1890 an attempt was made to arrest him at his home on the Grand River in South Dakota, and a skirmish ensued in which Sitting Bull was killed.
- The American elm (Ulmus americana) is the official state tree and is commonly found across North Dakota. The American elm often reaches 120 feet or taller.
- The International Peace Garden straddles the international Boundary between North Dakota and the Canadian province of Manitoba. In 1956 the North Dakota Motor Vehicle Department, on its own initiative, placed the words Peace Garden State on license plates; the name proved so popular that it was formally adopted by the 1957 legislature.
|Location||July (°F)||July (°C)||January (°F)||January (°C)|
|2011 rank in the U.S||Commodity||Percent of nation's production|
|1||Beans, dry edible, all||25%|
|3||Peas, dry edible||21%|
|12||Corn for grain||2%|
|21||Sheep and lambs||1%|
|17||Cattle and calves||2%|
Top Tourist Attractions in North Dakota: Travel Guide USA
Dakota Zoo, Fargo Theatre, Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park, Fort Mandan Overlook State Historic Site, National Buffalo Museum, International Peace Garden, Knife River Indian Villages, Maah Daah Hey Trail, North Dakota Heritage Center, Plains Art Museum, Scandinavian Heritage Park, Theodore Roosevelt National Park