Real Estate Tips:
Sometimes the best investment is your own venture. If you are not comfortable with the world of finance and big spenders, then invest in something like real estate that you can improve and resell. This is especially wise if you have skills that are needed to improve a property to increase it's resale value. Diversify your portfolio as much as possible. You do not want to have all of your investment funds in only one type of investment. Spread them out over stocks, real estate, and other investments in order to protect yourself should something bad happen in one area of the investment market.
3 Popular Attractions In Ohio
- Kings Island: Amusement park and water park in Mason, Ohio.
- Toledo Zoo and Aquarium: Zoo and aquarium in Toledo, Ohio.
- The first full time automobile service station was opened in 1899 in Ohio.
- Fostoria is the only city to be situated in three counties (Seneca, Hancock & Wood).
- The state's first university was Ohio University, which was founded in 1804. It was also the first university in what was then known as the Northwest Territory.
- Cleveland is home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
|City of Columbus|
|Counties||Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin|
|Settled||February 14, 1812|
|Incorporated||February 10, 1816|
|Named for||Christopher Columbus|
|•Mayor||Andrew Ginther (D)|
|•State capital city||225.97sqmi (585.26km2)|
|•State capital city||905,748|
|•Rank||14th in the United States
1st in Ohio
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|•Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|Area codes||614 and 380|
|GNIS feature ID||1080996|
|Major airports||John Glenn Columbus International Airport, Rickenbacker International Airport|
|Local transportation||Central Ohio Transit Authority|
These summer activities and major attractions in Cleveland are worth visiting every year. Whether you're a visitor to Ohio or live in The Land, you'll find some fun things to do on this list. See timestamps below.
1) EDGEWATER BEACH (0:06)
This is Cleveland's beach! You can rent kayaks, play sand volleyball or eat and drink at the beach house. There's a fishing pier and a huge field where people like to fly kites. Also a bike and hike path. 6500 Memorial Shoreway, Cleveland, Ohio 44102
2) KAYAK ON THE CUYAHOGA RIVER (0:25)
Great Lakes Watersports rents kayaks, jet skis and even power boats. You can paddle the river or enjoy the waters of Lake Erie. Closed Tuesdays. 1148 Main Ave, Cleveland, OH 44113
3) WATERFRONT RESTAURANTS (0:44)
The Flats East Bank is a redeveloped neighborhood with all kinds of restaurants and bars. It's near where the Cuyahoga River meets Lake Erie. 1055 Old River Road, Cleveland, OH 44113
– Alley Cat Oyster Bar
– Collision Bend Brewing Company
– Lindey's Lake House
– Punch Bowl Social
4) CANOPY WALK & EMERGENT TOWER (1:07)
– The Holden Arboretum is one of the largest arboretums in America. These two exhibits bring you into nature in a unique way. The canopy walk is 500 feet long and 65 feet off the ground. The emergent tower is 120 feet high! 9550 Sperry Rd, Kirtland, OH 44094
5) STARGAZING AT OBSERVATORY PARK (1:30)
Incredible 36-inch reflecting telescope open to the public on certain nights. Visit the Nassau Astronomical Station and Observatory Park, both on the same property in Geauga Park District. 10610 Clay St, Montville, OH 44064
6) CLEVELAND ORCHESTRA AT BLOSSOM MUSIC CENTER (1:55)
Watch a classic movie while the Orchestra plays the soundtrack. Open air and lawn seating. Listen to classical music under the stars. 1145 W Steels Corners Rd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223
7) HEINEN'S DOWNTOWN (2:14)
Great grocery store and eatery in a restored bank rotunda that is architecturally stunning. 900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44115
8) BAR 32 ROOFTOP PATIO (2:32)
On the 32nd floor of the Hilton Downtown Hotel. This is the best rooftop patio view in the city. 100 Lakeside Ave E, Cleveland, OH 44114
9) CUYAHOGA VALLEY NATIONAL PARK (2:53)
33,000 acres. One of the most visited national parks in the U.S.
– Ledges Trail – 6FFQ+FW Boston Heights, Ohio
– Brandywine Falls – 8176 Brandywine Rd, Sagamore Hills, OH 44067
– Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail (Lock 29 trailhead) – 1648 Mill St W, Peninsula, OH 44264
– Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
10) CLEVELAND METROPARKS ZOO & RAINFOREST (3:33)
Make sure you see the African Elephant exhibit, Tiger Passage, Asian Highlands and Giraffe Encounter. 3900 Wildlife Way, Cleveland, OH 44109
11) NORTH COAST HARBOR (3:56)
800 E 9th Street Pier, Cleveland, OH 44114
– USS Cod Submarine Memorial
– Steamship William G. Mather
– Goodtime III
– Great Lakes Science Center & NASA Glenn Visitors Center
– Nuevo Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar
– International Women's Air & Space Museum
– Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
12) CLEVELAND BOTANICAL GARDEN (4:44)
10 acres of outdoor gardens and an 18,000 square foot glasshouse. 11030 East Blvd, Cleveland, OH 44106
13) TERMINAL TOWER OBSERVATION DECK (5:14)
Historic landmark skyscraper offers 42nd floor observation deck with views in all directions. Open on weekends during summer. 230 W Huron Rd, Cleveland, OH 44113
14) EAST FOURTH STREET (5:33)
Popular restaurant and bar hot spot for visitors. 323 Prospect Ave E, Cleveland, OH 44115 (Between Prospect and Euclid Avenue)
15) LEAGUE PARK & THE BASEBALL HERITAGE MUSEUM (5:52)
Preserved baseball field and park at the site of historic stadium where Babe Ruth hit his 500th home run. Great museum on site with historic baseball items on display. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays. 6601 Lexington Ave, Cleveland, OH 44103
16) WATCH A BASEBALL GAME AT PROGRESSIVE FIELD (6:19)
Home of the Cleveland Indians. 2401 Ontario St, Cleveland, OH 44115
17) LAKE VIEW CEMETERY (6:33)
President James Garfield National Historic Monument. Incredible Wade Chapel with Tiffany glass interior. John D. Rockefeller grave site. 12316 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106
18) ADAPTIVE RECREATION (7:02)
– The North Olmsted Golf Club (The Turn) offers adaptive golf. 5840 Canterbury Rd, North Olmsted, OH 44070
– Valley Riding offers therapeutic horseback riding, wheel chair accessible. 19901 Puritas Ave, Cleveland, OH 44135
– Cleveland Metroparks offers a number of adaptive sports.
– 3 Trackers does adaptive kayaking, paddleboading, waterskiing and more.
19) OLD-SCHOOL ICE CREAM (7:32)
– Honey Hut – various locations
– East Coast Original Frozen Custard – various locations
20) SOLSTICE STEPS AT LAKEWOOD PARK (7:54)
Probably the best place to watch the sunset near Cleveland. 14532 Lake Ave, Lakewood, OH 44107