Real Estate Tips:
Keep in mind that there are investment opportunities past just traditional stocks and bonds. Commodities are an asset class with both risks and rewards but can provide hedges against inflation. Also look at real estate income trusts to invest into the real estate market without being tied to individual pieces of property. One way to diversify your investment portfolio is through real estate. Although real estate might not have the glitz stock market investing, it is usually a solid core investment part of a portfolio. Often, real estate will hold its value when the market takes a downward turn, thereby; buffering any market loss.
3 Popular Attractions In Oregon
- Timberline Lodge: Ski resort in northern Oregon.
- Timberline Lodge: Ski resort in northern Oregon.
- Pilot Butte, a cinder cone volcano, exists within the city limits of Bend.
- The Tillamook Naval Air Museum is housed in the world’s largest wooden clear-span building.
- Since 1941, South Oregon has made several attempts to secede from Oregon. Residents have even called themselves the State of Jefferson and made their own flag.
- Many Portland Metro residents don’t realizethe TV series “Portlandia” is a comedy. (ok, we made this one up)
Today we share these reasons to visit Portland Oregon, looking at what is Portland famous for. We also include tips for visiting Portland, why visit Portland and more in this Portland Travel Guide. We talk about the food in Portland, the things to know before visit Portland, travel tips Portland Oregon and more.
Known as a hip, cool and trendy place to visit, there are many reasons to visit Portland. Historically a shipping port, this city has transformed itself into a place of nightlife hub, unique neighbourhoods and funky culture.
1. The food – Everywhere you go in Portland, you will find a food truck and this is our first reason to visit. It has been suggested that the city is home to over 500 food trucks, offering a diverse array of options for you to choose from; from Greek to hot dogs, pizza to Polish and everything in-between. You can even find desert food trucks, selling gourmet crepes and donuts.
2. Pods – This leads on to our next reason to visit, the pods. There are whole corners of blocks in Portland, dedicated to food trucks. These are known as pods in the city and make eating out with fussy eaters much much easier. Plus, this offers a relaxed, chilled out evening for those not looking to head to one of the many nightclubs in downtown Portland.
3. Small town feel – One reason to visit Portland is for that small town feel. The city is laid back and full of charming neighbourhoods to explore. This gives the city a homely, small town feel that you see in those hallmark movies.
4. The Downtown area – Once you have finished exploring the different neighbourhoods, make sure you explore downtown Portland too. It is full of historic landmarks, is incredibly walkable and has a beautiful waterfront location beside the Willamette River. Plus, not only can you walk around the downtown area easily but there is a great public transport system of cheap and reliable buses and trams.
5. The Weather – The Weather in Portland is known to be foggy and rainy but there is something so warming and cosy about it. When the heavens open, tuck away in a. Coffee shop or head to one of the many quirky restaurants in the city. Plus, it doesn’t actually rain here that much and the summers are warm and pleasant.
6. The People – The people are Portland are like no other. They push buying organic produce, supporting local businesses, animal welfare and care for the environment. Recycle fashion and Urban agriculture is the cool thing here so, o matter where you go, you will sure find someone interesting to chat to.
7. The Beer – With over 70 breweries, of course Portland was going to be a place for beer! Enjoy a sample flight, visit the different breweries and get drinking.
8. Biking city – With wide bike lanes and the green bike boxes at intersections of crossing roads, it is no wonder that biking around the city is so popular. This and the lack of hills has led to Portland consistently being in the top greenest cities in the USA each year, which is just one more reason to visit.
9. The Nature – Just outside of Portland is some incredible nature spots. Mr Hood is a 11,000 foot snow-capped volcano whilst Forest Park is a dense forest with trails that spreads across 5100 acres.
10. The price – and perhaps one of the most important reasons to visit Portland Oregon is the price! Happy hours all over the city include beers under $5 and food specials for under that. You can feast from food trucks for under $10 and public transport is super cheap too!
00:39 THE FOOD
01:09 THE PODS
01:46 SMALL TOWN FEEL
02:03 DOWNTOWN AREA
02:33 THE WEATHER
02:58 THE PEOPLE
03:27 THE BEER
03:40 THE BIKING
04:06 THE NATURE
04:25 THE PRICE
Watch the video for more…
Looking for more travel tips and practical travel guides? Make sure you hit subscribe and ring that notification bell so you never miss a video!
SUBSCRIBE ► http://bit.ly/CTGTV
If you have any more questions, let us know them in the comments below!
Read our travel guides on www.CreativeTravelGuide.com
Read more about Thailand on www.ThatBangkokLife.com
Read more about theme parks on www.ThemePark247.com