Real Estate Tips:
Keep in mind that there are investment opportunities past just traditional stocks and bonds. Commodities are an asset class with both risks and rewards but can provide hedges against inflation. Also look at real estate income trusts to invest into the real estate market without being tied to individual pieces of property. Make sure that any money you invest is done so with a specific goal in mind. If you just want to preserve capital and beat inflation a little, stick with money markets and bonds. If you are saving for retirement far in advance, look for growth stocks. If you want income streams, look for dividend stocks and real estate income trusts.
3 Popular Attractions In Rhode Island
- Newport Cliff Walk: Public access walkway along the shore line in Newport, Rhode Island.
- Misquamicut State Beach: State park in Westerly, Rhode Island.
Rhode Island Facts
- At the Point Judith corrosion test site material samples sit exposed for years and are analyzed to determine the toll taken by ocean air and the sun.
- The Crescent Park Carousel in East Providence is the official state symbol of folk art.
- The oldest synagogue in the United States, Tuoro Synagogue, is in Newport. Rhode Island was founded by Roger Williams when he was expelled from Massachusetts because of his religious beliefs. He started the state to provide religious freedom for all.
- Some might say former mayor Buddy Cianci is the reason that Providence is the vibrant town that it now is. He cleaned up the waterfront, beautified the city, brought in a hockey team and the wonderful moving art installation, Waterfire. He also served prison time for running a corrupt enterprise and racketeering conspiracy between his first and second terms. That means that the people of Rhode Island voted a convicted felon back into office. I should mention that I am vaguely related to Buddy, but most Italians in this small state are..
Providence, Rhode Island
|City of Providence|
The Creative Capital, the Renaissance City, the Divine City, PVD, Prov
|Incorporated (town)||June 1636|
|Incorporated (city)||November 5, 1832|
|Founded by||Roger Williams|
|Named for||Divine providence|
|•Mayor||Jorge Elorza (D)|
|•Body||Providence City Council|
|•State capital city||20.58sqmi (53.31km2)|
|•State capital city||190,934|
|•Urban||1,190,956 (US: 39th)|
|•Metro||1,604,291 (US: 38th)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern Time Zone)|
|•Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
02901–02912, 02918-02919, 02940
|GNIS feature ID||1219851|
|Commuter Rail||MBTA Commuter Rail|
Top Tourist Attractions in Providence: Travel Guide Rhode Island
WaterFire, State House, Benefit Street, Providence Performing Arts Center, Providence River, Rhode Island School of Design Museum of Art, Historic Federal Hill, Roger Williams Park, Roger Williams Park Zoo, Swan Point Cemetery, Brown University