Real Estate Tips:
Sometimes the best investment is your own venture. If you are not comfortable with the world of finance and big spenders, then invest in something like real estate that you can improve and resell. This is especially wise if you have skills that are needed to improve a property to increase it's resale value. Keep in mind that there are investment opportunities past just traditional stocks and bonds. Commodities are an asset class with both risks and rewards but can provide hedges against inflation. Also look at real estate income trusts to invest into the real estate market without being tied to individual pieces of property.
3 Popular Attractions In West Virginia
- Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum: Former hospital-turned-landmark in Weston, West Virginia.
- Snowshoe Mountain: Ski resort in Snowshoe, West Virginia.
West Virginia Facts
- The world’s largest sycamore tree is located on the Back Fork of the Elk River in Webster Springs.
- Outdoor advertising had its origin in Wheeling about 1908 when the Block Brothers Tobacco Company painted bridges and barns with the wording: “Treat Yourself to the Best, Chew Mail Pouch.”
- Weirton is the only city in the U.S. that extends from one state border to another. The eastern portion of the city borders Pennsylvania, and the western portion of the city borders on Ohio.
|West Virginia state symbols|
|Insect||Western honey bee
|Colors||Old gold and blue|
|Food||Golden Delicious apple
|Fossil||Jefferson's ground sloth
|Gemstone||Silicified Mississippian fossil coral
|Slogan||“Wild and Wonderful”
“Open for Business” (former)
“Almost Heaven” (former)
|Soil||Monongahela Silt Loam|
|Song||“The West Virginia Hills“|
|Tartan||West Virginia Shawl|
|State route marker|
Released in 2005
|Lists of United States state symbols|
West Virginia is a state located in the Appalachian region of the Southern United States. It is bordered by Virginia to the southeast, Kentucky to the southwest, Ohio to the northwest, and Pennsylvania and Maryland to the northeast. The capital and largest city is Charleston.