Real Estate Tips:
Diversify your portfolio as much as possible. You do not want to have all of your investment funds in only one type of investment. Spread them out over stocks, real estate, and other investments in order to protect yourself should something bad happen in one area of the investment market. Make sure that any money you invest is done so with a specific goal in mind. If you just want to preserve capital and beat inflation a little, stick with money markets and bonds. If you are saving for retirement far in advance, look for growth stocks. If you want income streams, look for dividend stocks and real estate income trusts.
3 Popular Attractions In West Virginia
- Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum: Former hospital-turned-landmark in Weston, West Virginia.
- New River Gorge Bridge: Steel arch bridge in Fayetteville, West Virginia.
West Virginia Facts
- The New River Gorge Bridge near Fayetteville is the second highest steel arch bridge in the United States. The bridge is also the longest steel arch bridge (1,700 feet) in the world. Every October on Bridge Day, the road is closed and individuals parachute and bungee cord jump 876 feet off the bridge. Its West Virginia’s largest single day event and attracts about 100,000 people each year.
- The last public hanging in West Virginia was held in Jackson County in December 1897.
- Weirton is the only city in the U.S. that extends from one state border to another. The eastern portion of the city borders Pennsylvania, and the western portion of the city borders on Ohio.
|State of West Virginia|
Montani semper liberi
(English: Mountaineers Are Always Free)
|Anthem: 4 songs|
|Before statehood||Part of Virginia|
|Admitted to the Union||June 20, 1863 (35th)|
|Largest metro and urban areas||Charleston–Huntington (combined)
Huntington (metro and urban)
|•Governor||Jim Justice (R)|
|•Lieutenant Governor||Craig Blair (R)|
|Legislature||West Virginia Legislature|
|•Lower house||House of Delegates|
|Judiciary||Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia|
|U.S. senators||Joe Manchin (D)
Shelley Moore Capito (R)
|U.S. House delegation||1: David McKinley (R)
2: Alex Mooney (R)
3: Carol Miller (R) (list)
|•Water||152sqmi (394km2) 0.6%|
|•Median household income||$43,469|
|Demonym(s)||West Virginian, Mountaineer|
|•Official language||De jure: English|
|Time zone||UTC−05:00 (Eastern)|
|•Summer (DST)||UTC−04:00 (EDT)|
|ISO 3166 code||US-WV|
|Latitude||37°12′ N to 40°39′ N|
|Longitude||77°43′ W to 82°39′ W|
Welcome to our top 10 best places to visit in West Virginia.
West Virginia is home to beautiful national parks, amazing trails, and unique cities. There is no doubt that you will experience some of the best landscapes in the Mountain state.
Here are our top 10 places you must visit in West Virginia:
10. Hawks Nest State Park
9. Seneca Rocks State Park
7. Cass Scenic Railroad
6. Snowshoe Mountain Resort
2. Blackwater Falls State Park
1. Harpers Ferry
We hope you enjoyed our video!